Singapore Pt. 2

Day 3

I had the same dilemma again – where to go? I read about Changi Museum which was about Singapore’s civilian population during Japanese occupation and decided to go there. Jay came with me and our first stop was Chinatown again. We wanted to visit the Indian temple in the area which turned out to be closed for renovation, and a Buddhist temple which was fortunately open. IMG_8664IMG_8658 After exploring around we went to have lunch nearby and finally got the MRT to the station where we were supposed to take the bus to the museum. That place wasn’t very near but we still managed to get there on time.It was an unique experience reading about the events that happened in Singapore during WWII. The story about those people there was really touching and it was something you don’t get to learn in history classes. I read pretty much everything and the only bad side was I couldn’t take any pictures inside. When we finished , the only thing nearby was Changi village and we went there to have dinner and look around. IMG_8682IMG_8688 Before eating at the local market we explored the beach park on the east side of Singapore. We had some Malay food for dinner and then got the bus and went back to the hostel.

In the evening I went to have dinner and Pauline’s mom made some delicious food for us.

Day 4

Jomel came back from Japan and the three of us with Mei Ling were going to Sentosa Island that day. IMG_8749 We met around 11AM at the MRT and had lunch in the mall. When we finished lunch we bought our tickets and got the train to the island. The fun package got us 3 different attractions so after stopping we went to our first destination. On the way there we passed by the fake Merlion which was also an attraction and took a few shots in front of it.

IMG_8762 The first stop was the history of Singapore from the beginning to present days. IMG_8770 IMG_8787

IMG_8812IMG_8815 Attraction #2 was the tower from which we could see the whole city. sentosa big

From there we went to the beach and stayed there, but later it started to  rain. We were anticipating the beginning of “songs of the sea” which was a very special laser show at Sentosa in the evening.

IMG_8878 IMG_8863 It started at 7PM and lasted for more than an hour and it was really unique – probably the best show of this kind that I’ve ever seen.


In the evening we went for a drink and walk with my friends from the hostel. We went to the river again and stayed there until almost 4:30AM.


Day 5

After waking up I packed my luggage and brought everything downstairs. It was my last day in Singapore and that night we had to take the train from JB to Kuala Lumpur. Kay and Sandy left early in the morning to HK and rushed to the airport around noon. We weren’t leaving Singapore until around 10PM so I just spend the time staying at the hostel. In the evening me and Ju went to have dinner nearby and said “bye” to each other cause she was going somewhere else and I was leaving Singapore. 17845_1327839762806_1435302914_893922_3563651_n

After I went back I got all my stuff and got to the MRT where I met Pauline. I couldn’t say “goodbye” to Jay but he didn’t come back while I was still in the hostel. From the MRT we got the bus to the border and after that everything went pretty smooth. We got to JB and almost missed the train but in the end we managed to get it. We got beds in the train so I fell asleep pretty fast and woke up next day around ½ hour away from KL

Malaysia Day 4

Arriving so early at the train station has certain disadvantages. Nothing over there is open so in order to leave my luggage we had to wait until 9. We got McDonalds(one of the few places open) for breakfast and planned where to go next. My plane was leaving at 4PM so there were not many places to visit. We went to central market again where I bought souvenirs, got lunch nearby, and went to the bus station again cause the bus to the airport was leaving from there. IMG_4007

I arrived at the airport just in time and checked in my luggage. Everything went smooth as usual and around 5PM we left Malaysia. I was going to see Taipei one more time =)

The flight wasn’t very pleasant because the plane was shaking too much and I couldn’t even sleep.IMG_4012

So much for that trip…it sure was GREAT!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s